My last post was such a downer, it seems like an appropriate time for another edition of Sunday Happiness. (I only got 9 minutes of Sunday left, so it’s probably more like Monday Happiness at this point.)
- Being a part of an Engaging Life Christmas block party today. We played music, served food, and gave gifts to kids in a Mt. Dora neighborhood… such a fun and beautiful picture of community.
- Getting to know a newer member of EL I hadn’t previously met. A new believer sharing her story. It moved me.
- Decorating the Christmas tree with Sherri last night (yeah, I know… you all had your trees up a month ago, right?) We listened to symphonic goth metal on Pandora while we were at it. I am not making this up.
- This hilarious ornament we found in the process.
No idea where it came from, but Sherri said, “Hey, it looks like Crookshanks!” So we have Crookshanks and Wonder Woman on our tree, and that makes me happy.
- Experimental cooking tonight… I improvised my own version of this pasta with stuff I already had, and it was actually pretty tasty.
- ELF. Smiling’s my favorite.
- Checking the mail is a lot more fun right now. Had a Christmas card from my cousin in MI and a free coffee sample from Starbucks. Win!
- The weather is now cool enough to feel Christmassy, but not so much that I’m freezing. Yay Florida!
- I don’t have to get up early tomorrow. Yay vacation!
- Have I mentioned Christmas is coming? Truly the most wonderful time of the year.