It’s Independence Day. There are fireworks popping down the street, and I just made pancakes. A lot to be grateful for.
And it seems like now is just as good a time as any to make my first Good List. I’ve been wanting to do it since Jenipher at Cherry Runway introduced me to them through her own blog, and it’s only fitting for a Sunday night while I’m in need of something new here and procrastinating on a couple of other writing projects. :) Sooo… starting the week with 10 things that make me happy…
1) My home, the USA. Yes, it’s probably obvious and cliche with this being the 4th of July and all, but hey. I’m thankful.
2) Allrecipes.com for teaching me how to make pancakes at 10pm when I had a craving and no pancake mix in the house. (Bisquik = overrated)
3) Catching up on sleep this weekend.
4) Rain. Even if it did make a cloudy 4th of July, it’s nice for keeping Florida green and the summer heat tolerable.
5) Finishing Evolving in Monkey Town this weekend. A great read. Review forthcoming.
6) Finding a notebook this weekend that had some of my first poems in it. (I was 15!) Wow, they suck, but it’s always fun to see where you’ve come from.
7) The sound of fireworks down the street.
8) My family. They’re great.
9) My job and my friends there. I have to work tomorrow, and I don’t mind at all.
10) That Jenipher introduced me to the Good List Daily concept and blesses the blogosphere with lovely art.
What are YOU grateful for?